"The Red Lodge is a historic building in Bristol. It was built in 1590 and was subsequently added to in Georgian times. It was altered around 1730, and restored in the early 20th century. It has had several uses in its past, including the country's first girls' reform school. This was set up in 1854 by Mary Carpenter, with the financial help of the poet Lord Byron's widow, who bought the Red Lodge in 1854"